Kinetik is building a workout app to make CrossFit more social and fun. In an effort to start a social enterprise, founders Bob Ippolito and Jameson Hsu, discovered their passion for fitness and technology could be combined in helping millions of people improve their lives both physically and mentally. The company is still in its early stages of development and is located in both San Francisco 🇺🇸 and Taipei 🇹🇼.
If you're interested in being part of building a company from the ground up and helping to have a positive impact on society, then we look forward to talking to you.
If you’re passionate about web apps and translating code into user-friendly products, we would like to meet you. We rely on our dynamic team of engineers to solve the many challenges and puzzles that come with our rapidly evolving technical stack. We’re seeking a full stack engineer who is ready to work with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking organization that’s always pushing boundaries. Here, you will take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire stack. Our ideal candidate has experience building products across the stack and a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, and databases. You’ll be joining a small team working at the forefront of new technology, solving the challenges that impact both the front end and back end architecture, and ultimately, deliver amazing global user experiences.
- Assume leadership of new projects from conceptualization to deployment
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning opportunities
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Liaise with product development team to plan new features
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
- A strength in one or more areas with an openness to learn others:
- React.js and React web frameworks (e.g. Next.js, Remix, etc.)
- GraphQL frameworks (e.g. Apollo, Hasura, etc.)
- Relational and NoSQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Firestore, etc.)
- Cloud platforms (e.g. Heroku, GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Automated testing (e.g. Jest, React Testing Library, etc.)
- CI/CD tools (e.g. Docker Compose, Terraform, etc.)
- Interest in in learning new tools, languages, workflows, and philosophies to grow
- Proficient with Git
- Proficient with unix-like environments (e.g. MacOS)
- Nice to have: Functional programming principles or languages (e.g. React hooks, fp-ts, Erlang, Haskell, etc.)
- Nice to have: building responsive sites for Desktop, Mobile, etc.
- Nice to have: cross platform mobile solutions (e.g. React Native, Flutter, etc.)
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Work with an international team
- Weekly team workouts
- Team lunches
- Unlimited vacation
- Remote work friendly
- Flexible hours
- $50,000 bonus to anyone who refers a candidate that we hire
Are you up for the job?
Last updated: April 20, 2022
© Kinetik Athlete LLC 2021